Even though we’ve been brushing our teeth for as long as we can remember, many of us might be surprised to learn that we’re not doing it properly. Our dentists at Flossophy dental can’t stand behind you while you brush at home, but they can provide you with the proper brushing technique to assure that you achieve the cleanest smile possible.
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gums.
- Move the brush back and forth gently in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer tooth surfaces, the inner tooth surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, using a gentle up-and-down stroke.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
Of course brushing your teeth is only part of a complete dental care routine. You should also make sure to clean between teeth daily with floss and visit us regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams.
If you have questions about how to maintain your oral hygiene routine, give us a call. To learn more about services provided here at the office, visit www.flossophydental.ca for more information. To schedule an appointment with one of our doctors at Flossophy Dental in Edmonton, AB, call 780-306-9333.